KAPOW

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
KAPOW

Welcome to the Kapow forum. Here you can get help, use your skills to help others and enjoy hanging out in the company of other Kapow Robot Developers.

+2
Shyam Kumar
leedle
6 posters

When will the Kapow Browser be updated?

leedle

When will the Kapow Browser be updated? Empty When will the Kapow Browser be updated?

Post by leedle Wed Aug 01, 2018 4:14 am

I am trying to use Kapow with a website, that uses a lot of 'Flex' CSS properties. The entire page does not render. The site also uses ES6 keywords, like 'let', that it seems like Kapow does not support.

Does anyone know if/when the Kapow Browser will be updated to work with modern web applications?

Alternatively, is there any way to manually upgrade the browser's capabilities?

edit: I am currently running Kapow 10.3
    Shyam Kumar
    Shyam Kumar
    Ranks

When will the Kapow Browser be updated? Empty Re: When will the Kapow Browser be updated?

Post by Shyam Kumar Wed Aug 01, 2018 12:42 pm

Hi Leedle,

Try to configure the load page action step and change the user agent.

Thank you

Regards,
    Shyam kumar
    leedle

When will the Kapow Browser be updated? Empty Re: When will the Kapow Browser be updated?

Post by leedle Wed Aug 01, 2018 9:40 pm

I've found a workaorund for the meantime, but in planning for the long term, I am trying to find out when the browser will be actually updated.
    pavel.vraj
    pavel.vraj

Post by pavel.vraj Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:08 pm

Hi, could you share the workaround with others? BR, Pavel
    Rebel

Post by Rebel Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:17 pm

There is a complete new browser available, called Chromium.... You can reach it buy using a DAS step...
    chrismemo

Post by chrismemo Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:44 am

Hi,

U can try to automate using RDA by adding Device Automation step but it will need a machine with new Browser installed.
    Rebel

Post by Rebel Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:36 pm

Add a DAS step, do not add a device, go to edit, add an open step and it will open a chromium browser...

Have fun
    leedle

Post by leedle Fri Sep 21, 2018 3:10 am

Rebel wrote:Add a DAS step, do not add a device, go to edit, add an open step and it will open a chromium browser...

Have fun

Wait what??? That is amazing. Do you know what version is required for this? I am using 10.1 and it does not open a browser when I use the Open step with URI blank
    Bernet

Post by Bernet Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:23 am

Embedded Chrome browser is available using a DA Step with version 10.3.0.1 206 onwards

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:31 pm