KAPOW

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
KAPOW

Welcome to the Kapow forum. Here you can get help, use your skills to help others and enjoy hanging out in the company of other Kapow Robot Developers.

2 posters

Inserting missing numbers sequentially into excel sheet

Haritha Chowdary

Inserting missing numbers sequentially into excel sheet  Empty Inserting missing numbers sequentially into excel sheet

Post by Haritha Chowdary Fri Feb 07, 2020 7:28 pm

Hello All,

I have a query!

I have an excel file containing two sheets(eg: sheet1 and sheet2)

My sheet1 contains a column with some numbers for example

Column1

my sheet2 contains a column with few numbers which includes missing numbers from sheet1
    eg: Column1

How can i insert the missing numbers (103 and 107) into sheet1 in sequential order.

It would be really great if someone could help!  Smile

Regards,
    Haritha chowdary
    jking
    jking

Inserting missing numbers sequentially into excel sheet  Empty Re: Inserting missing numbers sequentially into excel sheet

Post by jking Thu Apr 16, 2020 10:08 pm

One Solution:

Create a Type adding 1 Variable for each Column, then used the Tools → Create Database Table → Generate SQL  to add the table to Database View on Management Console.  Example:
    Column 1
    Column 2
    Column 3
    Column 4
    etc...

In your spreadsheet, loop over Rows in Sheet 1, extracting each cell into the corresponding variable in your Type: Cell Content in Column 1 to Type.Column1, etc.  At the end of each row, add a Store In Database step to add the stored values to your table.
    Repeat for Sheet 2.

Once Complete, you can add a new branch to query the Database (order by Column 1) and use a Set Content step to update Sheet 1.

hth

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:42 pm