KAPOW

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
KAPOW

Welcome to the Kapow forum. Here you can get help, use your skills to help others and enjoy hanging out in the company of other Kapow Robot Developers.

2 posters

Set Sheet name.

Zoel

Set Sheet name. Empty Set Sheet name.

Post by Zoel Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:10 pm

Hi, 

I have been trying to set sheet name on an Excel file for a few Days now and havnt been able to output it in my results. Any ideas on if it can be done on DS or dose it have to be done in AD? 

Im new to Kapow to i might ad … so, be Gentle Smile
    jking
    jking

Set Sheet name. Empty Re: Set Sheet name.

Post by jking Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:57 pm

With your Spreadsheet Open, Right-Click on the Sheet Name and choose Set Sheet Name.  

Options to Set Sheet Name are: 
    •Value - Sets the name directly 
    •Variable - Specifies a variable that contains the name you want to use.
    •Expression - Creates an expression to specify the name to use,
    •Converters - Specifies a data converter to set the name.

Click OK.
    Zoel

Post by Zoel Wed Oct 17, 2018 1:56 pm

Thank you Jking for your Quick reply … 

Right clicking on the spreadsheet sheet open, are you referring to the Device Automation or Design Studio? Im looking to do this in Design Studio ... 

Thanks! 

//Zoel
    jking
    jking

Post by jking Thu Oct 18, 2018 1:49 am

The steps I outlined are for Design Studio.
    Zoel

Post by Zoel Thu Oct 18, 2018 1:52 pm

Jking, thanks again for your help … 

I m attaching here a few screen shots on how my process looks like and tryting to right klick on the sheet dose not give me that option you discribed. 

I did add a step as and named it "set sheet name" as you can see in the 1st pic. but it seem to need a range finder that you normally get automatically when doing as you suggested. 

See all my screenshots to get an idea on where im at and hopfully you can help me get over this opstical.  Smile 

Do not seem that im able  to ad the screenshots, ((Max size per file : 0 Mb)) Can i email them to you? 

Cheers
    Zoel
    Zoel

Post by Zoel Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:44 pm

Hi again, 

I managed to find the set sheet name in the excel file and was able to change it as discribed but i must have missexplained a Little here, i need to change or (set) the Excel file name so it ll be saved as the monthly report i m exporting every month. It basically Changes into time in between dates! 

Cheers
    Zoel
    jking
    jking

Post by jking Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:15 pm

Do  you need to change the Sheet  Name or the File Name?  In either case you can do this in one-step or in a series of steps:

Series of Steps:
    Sheet Name
    Create a Variable SheetName Type:Short Text (simple)
    Insert an Assign Variable Step
    Variable : SheetName
    For Value, use an Expression or a Converter.  For example, an expression could be
    Expression:  date()   Output: 2018-10-18
    Expression:  date()+" Statement"    2018-10-18 Statement
    Right-Click on SheetName → Set Sheet Name 
    Click on the Drop-Down box, Select Variable and choose your Variable (SheetName).
    Click OK

On-Step:
    Right-Click on SheetName → Set Sheet Name 
    For Value, use an Expression or a Converter.  For example, an expression could be
    Expression:  date()   Output: 2018-10-18
    Expression:  date()+" Statement"    2018-10-18 Statement

To rename the Filename, the process would be similar.
    You did not indicate if you are writing out the file or if you are using a Send Email step to distribute the report.
    In either case, the process to rename the file is similar to renaming the SheetName.

You can create a Variable to Hold the FileName and use an Assign Variable with an Expression or you can Assign it in the process:

Write File:
    for File Name, you can select a variable that you assign prior to the Write File Step, or you can use an Expression to Assign the File Name:
    Expression:  year(date())+"."+month(date())+" Financial Statement.xls"  Output: 2018.10 Financial Statement.xls

Send Email Attachment Filename
    for File Name, you can select a variable that you assign prior to the Send Email Step, or you can use an Expression to Assign the File Name:
    Expression:  year(date())+"."+month(date())+" Financial Statement.xls"  Output: 2018.10 Financial Statement.xls

Regardless if you use an Assign Variable or use an Expression to change the Sheet Name or the File Name, using the Functions in Kapow will allow  you to change the Name of the Report to include a date.

hth
    Zoel

Post by Zoel Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:04 pm

Hi JK, 

That is exactly what i have been doing all the time since a week ago now, but i was specifying it in a step (set sheet name) instead. But now i changed it into the (Send Email) step instead, Attachement, File name and the expres​sion("Monthly Report" + startdate + " and " +enddate). running it right now, will let you know how it went Smile 

Thank, this conversation guided me towards the logic the tool ... Smile 

Could you take a look at the second issue im facing. (Order by [a-z])
    https://kapow.forumotion.net/t170-order-by-a-z 

Cheers
    Zoel
    Zoel

Post by Zoel Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:18 pm

Thanks so much for this JK … works just fine now! Smile 

//Zoel

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:57 pm