KAPOW

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
KAPOW

Welcome to the Kapow forum. Here you can get help, use your skills to help others and enjoy hanging out in the company of other Kapow Robot Developers.

2 posters

[solved]device automation - save a googlesheet to excel worksheet

wayne.hooper

[solved]device automation - save a googlesheet to excel worksheet Empty [solved]device automation - save a googlesheet to excel worksheet

Post by wayne.hooper Tue Apr 02, 2019 5:06 am

I am fairly new to Kapow.
    I am using version 10.3

I have a URL for a googledocs (which I can provide if needed)   https://docs.goggle.com/spreadsheets............

When I go through my steps in Chrome.....
    1. load URL
    2. left click File menu (which causes a fly out menu)
    3. Left click download as (which causes a fly out menu)
    4. left click on Microsoft excel

When I am in device automation, on step 2, once I left click the file menu, I am not seeing the flyout menu.

Could someone assist me in learning how to do this?
    batman
    batman

[solved]device automation - save a googlesheet to excel worksheet Empty Re: [solved]device automation - save a googlesheet to excel worksheet

Post by batman Wed Apr 03, 2019 6:33 pm

Hi,

If you step through the DA workflow and wait after you have selected the file menu does the fly out eventually appear? This sounds like it could be timing issue.

If the menu appears when stepping through slowly at design time but not when you run it end-to-end then your process is probably progressing before the interface has been updated. Adding a Tree Stops Changing Guard to your workflow after your File Menu action should resolve this, this will halt the workflow whilst the application tree is updating.

Depending on what you are trying to do it might be worth looking at the REST APIs available from Google. Kapow supports OAuth tokens that can be used with these APIs, this might be easier and more robust than going through the UI.
    wayne.hooper

[solved]device automation - save a googlesheet to excel worksheet Empty Re: [solved]device automation - save a googlesheet to excel worksheet

Post by wayne.hooper Fri Apr 05, 2019 9:16 pm

This was solved by first adding a guarded choice step with "tree stops changing" with 500ms.
    This allowed the fly out menu to be shown and worked with.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 11:47 pm