KAPOW

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
KAPOW

Welcome to the Kapow forum. Here you can get help, use your skills to help others and enjoy hanging out in the company of other Kapow Robot Developers.

2 posters

Copy Excel in Kapow without using Device Automation

boonak

Copy Excel in Kapow without using Device Automation Empty Copy Excel in Kapow without using Device Automation

Post by boonak Mon Sep 03, 2018 2:58 pm

Hi all,
    I would like to copy the whole 'sheet' in an excel workbook and paste into another excel workbook. Right now I'm using Device automation to do it. However, I wonder if there's any possibility that this task could be done without Device Automation. And also if anyone knows the most efficient way to do this task.
    Truly appreciate you answer.
    Thank you.
    pavel.vraj
    pavel.vraj

Copy Excel in Kapow without using Device Automation Empty Re: Copy Excel in Kapow without using Device Automation

Post by pavel.vraj Mon Sep 03, 2018 7:50 pm

Hi,
    I'm surprised you went the DA way as first. Do you know Kapow has built-in Excel support without DA?
    Best regards,
    Pavel
    boonak

Copy Excel in Kapow without using Device Automation Empty Re: Copy Excel in Kapow without using Device Automation

Post by boonak Tue Sep 04, 2018 11:07 am

pavel.vraj wrote:Hi,
    I'm surprised you went the DA way as first. Do you know Kapow has built-in Excel support without DA?
    Best regards,
    Pavel
    Hi

I really appreciate your response. However, I've tried using Excel function in Kapow but could not achieve my goal.
    Just to clarify what I wanted to achieve: I would like to copy the whole excel sheet in a worksheet including text and format into another excel worksheet.
    Moreover, does anyone know if there's a 'copy' function of Excel in Kapow?
    If anyone has any idea, please share it. I'd be really grateful.

Thank you
    pavel.vraj
    pavel.vraj

Post by pavel.vraj Tue Sep 04, 2018 2:28 pm

Hi,

in this case, you could have problems, because Kapow works mainly with data and not with styles. However, you have more possibilities.
    1) You can prepare blank Excel file with all styles as the target file, load it into a global variable and then copy the data from the source. Kapow preserve the styles.
    2) You can make a copy of the source Excel via file system, open it and then cleanup.

In build in Excel, there's no easy way, how to copy the full content of the sheet at once. You can copy the data into a variable, but you can't paste it, as far as I know.

Best regards,
    Pavel

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:31 am