KAPOW

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
KAPOW

Welcome to the Kapow forum. Here you can get help, use your skills to help others and enjoy hanging out in the company of other Kapow Robot Developers.

2 posters

ETIMEDOUT Error when using Device Automation Step in Design Studio

jameslee33

ETIMEDOUT Error when using Device Automation Step in Design Studio Empty ETIMEDOUT Error when using Device Automation Step in Design Studio

Post by jameslee33 Thu Mar 05, 2020 3:40 pm

Hi,

I tried to open a device automation step in design studio, but it is unable to connect to automation service and throws the error below
    ETIMEDOUT Error when using Device Automation Step in Design Studio 2020-03-05

In Management Console it does show that the DAS is able to connect to Management Console

I have already made sure that:

• The Device Mapping name in Management Console matches with the one in Design Studio
    • Installed and enabled Java Access Bridge
    • I am in Smart Re-execution Mode
    • The Cluster & Label matches

Below is the configuration parameters in DA
    ETIMEDOUT Error when using Device Automation Step in Design Studio 2020-03-05

The version i am using is 10.7.0.1, please advise on this error

Thanks!
    tmc51

ETIMEDOUT Error when using Device Automation Step in Design Studio Empty Re: ETIMEDOUT Error when using Device Automation Step in Design Studio

Post by tmc51 Mon Mar 09, 2020 6:41 am

Hi James,

I ran into a similar issue and spend hours trying to get it working. In the end I ended up reinstalling DA and turning off windows
    firewall settings on the desktop side and all of a sudden it started working and has not errored since, suitable for my testing in my vm.

It looks like the command and stream ports you are using are not the defaults, so perhaps those inbound and outbound rules need to be created for these? as this probably did not happen on installation.

Also ensure you are using the same version of Kapow as your DA.

Hope that helps somewhat, good luck.
    jameslee33

ETIMEDOUT Error when using Device Automation Step in Design Studio Empty Re: ETIMEDOUT Error when using Device Automation Step in Design Studio

Post by jameslee33 Mon Mar 09, 2020 3:37 pm

Hi,

I uninstalled and reinstalled Kapow on both stations (local machine &  DA workstation), and it is working fine now

Thanks!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:55 am