KAPOW

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
KAPOW

Welcome to the Kapow forum. Here you can get help, use your skills to help others and enjoy hanging out in the company of other Kapow Robot Developers.

2 posters

Storing PNG files on Device Automation into a variable Type=image/binary

kennyf

Storing PNG files on Device Automation into a variable Type=image/binary Empty Storing PNG files on Device Automation into a variable Type=image/binary

Post by kennyf Wed Dec 26, 2018 10:19 am

I have some PNG image files located on a DAS machine. Using DAS, how do I store the binaries of these image files into a variable in my TYPE within the robot?
    Will want to store these images as blobs in a database later.

I tried having the robot open up the folder with the image files in Windows Explorer and then doing an Extract Image step for each of these files. However what is stored in the variable seems to be the 'thumbnail' image only.
    I want the total binary file to be loaded into the variable...
    Any ideas?
    batman
    batman

Storing PNG files on Device Automation into a variable Type=image/binary Empty Re: Storing PNG files on Device Automation into a variable Type=image/binary

Post by batman Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:54 pm

The simplest way would probably be to temporarily store the images in a network folder that is also accessible from the Management Console/Design Studio.
    The binary extraction of the file could then be achieved using the traditional actions in your main robot workflow.

Alternatively there's probably various 3rd party applications (web or local thick client apps) that could be run on the desktop to extract the binary content which you could then store in a binary variable.

Look out for the upcoming releases of Kofax RPA, I hear there are plans to enhance file exchange across platforms to address these types of scenarios

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 1:46 pm