KAPOW

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
KAPOW

Welcome to the Kapow forum. Here you can get help, use your skills to help others and enjoy hanging out in the company of other Kapow Robot Developers.

2 posters

Device Automation

Suren

Device Automation Empty Device Automation

Post by Suren Tue Apr 03, 2018 4:38 pm

Hi,

I am trying to open an Adobe application to understand how to use device automation for opening any application and performing click action and other such keystrokes. Can someone help me on that or share an example of any device automation program but providing details on choosing the right variables.

Device Automation C:\Users\HP ProBook\Desktop\Capture

Thanks,
    Sandhiyan
    pavel.vraj
    pavel.vraj

Device Automation Empty Re: Device Automation

Post by pavel.vraj Tue Apr 10, 2018 4:48 am

Hi,
    I expect you know, how to prepare device automation service.
    Your robot must be in "Smart Re-execution (full)" mode.
    Device Automation Kapow_10

Insert a step "Device Automation", insert your device and open Workflow.
    In the Editor you can see running apps. If your application requires more than just running an EXE, then start it with a shortcut, which contains everything it needs (like Java apps). In "Program Manager" find the shortcut and with right-mouse-button select "Click".
    Device Automation Kapow_11
    Then you open the created step, you delete the second Guard with "Seconds", it's not needed, and finally you open the "Click Left" step and type "2" in Count.
    Device Automation Kapow_12
    Then run "Step Over" which will run the app.
    Second option is to add "Open step", where you type the app path. You have to select Device, don't use "local", this won't work. !Be aware, you have to type backslash twice.
    Device Automation Kapow_13
    You select the app in the list of applications "Automation Device View" and only after that you can manipulate the application. Then you can find an object like button and select "Click" for example.
    Device Automation Kapow_14
    Thas all,
    Pavel
    Suren

Device Automation Empty Thanks!!

Post by Suren Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:40 am

Thank you so much Pavel, I believe your name is Palanivel Raj.
    Suren

Device Automation Empty Can't we use Device Automation for local system

Post by Suren Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:32 pm

Can't we use Device Automation for local system instead of another system or second system? Is that a limitation that the Device Automation will not work on Applications of the same system. I feel like I read in some document that it can be done, but not 100% sure, please clarify on that.

Thanks,
    Sandhiyan
    pavel.vraj
    pavel.vraj

Post by pavel.vraj Wed May 09, 2018 7:47 pm

Sandhiyan wrote:Thank you so much Pavel, I believe your name is Palanivel Raj.

Hi, no, my name is Pavel Vraj
    pavel.vraj
    pavel.vraj

Post by pavel.vraj Wed May 09, 2018 7:52 pm

Sandhiyan wrote:Can't we use Device Automation for local system instead of another system or second system? Is that a limitation that the Device Automation will not work on Applications of the same system. I feel like I read in some document that it can be done, but not 100% sure, please clarify on that.

Thanks,
    Sandhiyan

Whn a customer don't want to provide the second PC, then you can prepare robots only on one PC. This works, but it slow and has some limitations. As first you can't use features like when a window is opened you type a key combinations to continue, because on one PC you lost focus, when you work in DA editor. So you always have to move the mouse, click and then you can continue. Second, you have to have wide screen to be able to put DA Editor on left for example, and the application on right.

This is something we sometimes have to handle with, especially in PoC's, where others just say give us one PC and we will prepare the robot and we have to say, give us two PC's. The customers asks why and we have to explain this. In final it's Kapow advantage, but you have to deeply explain it to the customer and sometimes the customer just says, do it on this PC, or left it to you competitors.

Best regards,
    Pavel
    Suren

Post by Suren Fri Jun 08, 2018 4:02 pm

Thank you so much Pavel Vraj

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:47 pm