KAPOW

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
KAPOW

Welcome to the Kapow forum. Here you can get help, use your skills to help others and enjoy hanging out in the company of other Kapow Robot Developers.

2 posters

Device Automation

Tejaswini H R

Device Automation Empty Device Automation

Post by Tejaswini H R Mon May 07, 2018 2:17 pm

Hi All,

I am trying to automate wordpad using Kapow Device automation. I have configured Device automation services, added device mapping in design studio and also i have configured the robot to run in smart re-execution mode. When i am trying to edit the Device Automation workflow, the program manager doesn't display the "Desktop" instead it displays Automation workflow. Please help me resolve this issue ASAP.

Thanks in advance!
    Tejaswini H R Smile
    pavel.vraj
    pavel.vraj

Device Automation Empty Re: Device Automation

Post by pavel.vraj Wed May 09, 2018 7:41 pm

Hi,

I don't fully understand the question. Here are the possibilities:
    - In case you're connected to the DAS, but you can't see "Device Automation View", click in DA editor click menu "Window" and "Reset Layout".
    - In case you're not connected to the DAS, then you have to change the settings of the Device.

Is it one of these?
    Pavel
    Tejaswini H R

Post by Tejaswini H R Thu May 10, 2018 12:38 pm

Hi,
    DAS is running and the Device Automation Editor is also enabled. But in Automation Device view "Program manager" tab has the same view as the Automation workflow. We are not able to click on the Wordpad shortcut that is created on the desktop because the program manager doesnt show the desktop screen. is there any other way to open the wordpad.exe? or to view the Desktop screen in program manager? Please find the screenshot for Program Manager 

Device Automation 6f002610
    pavel.vraj
    pavel.vraj

Post by pavel.vraj Thu May 10, 2018 1:01 pm

Hi,

ohh, I can see that, You're robotizing your own desktop, so then you see your screen.

You should use different desktop to be robotized. In case you have no possibility to use two desktops, then you can robotize your own, but there are limitations I already wrote on different thread here. Kapow DAE View shows only images of the screen and the objects are visible in the XML tree. So if you need to see the objects also in the View part, you need to organize the screen. I'm using it the way the DAE is on the left and the application I need to robotize is on the right. Then you'll see it. Just try to make the DAE smaller and you'll get the point.

Keep in mind, in case you robotize your own desktop, you have to use Mouse move and click before you use Keyboard for example. It's the reason, when you prepare a step in DA, the robotized application lost focus and then you have to move the mouse and click for focus.

Best regards,
    Pavel
    Tejaswini H R

Post by Tejaswini H R Thu May 10, 2018 4:51 pm

Hi,
    -Can you please let me know what is meant by two desktops? Does it mean IDE and Server platform?
    -Does IDE platform contains the Design Studio and Device automation installed whereas Sever platform contains RoboServer and Management Console installed?
    -During Device automation installation there is a note which tells"Note that you do not need to install the Device Automation Service to automate terminals". what does automate terminals mean?

Thanks!
    Tejaswini H R
    pavel.vraj
    pavel.vraj

Post by pavel.vraj Thu May 10, 2018 8:04 pm

Hi,
    Kapow is fully server oriented platform. All robots run on RoboServer, even those for Device Automation, because the robots just remotely say to DAS, what should be done on the desktop and DAS does it. You can have one PC, where you will have RoboServer, Management Console as well as DA Service running with all applications you need to robotize. The main point is to have Design Studio somewhere else, to be able to see the robotized desktop and to work with applications remotely. So you can install for example DS to your PC and connect to MC on the specific "server" and robotize with DA this "server", where RS, MC an DAS are running. Or you can have DS, MC and RS on your PC and somewhere else is DAS running on virtual desktop and is registered to your PC's MC, and you robotize this desktop.

In case you have only one PC, you can work in DS together with DAS and the rest of the services, like I described before.

If you robotize terminals, you don't need any real device, you put DA step in robot, without any Device, open the DA Workflow and in open step you put the terminal address like ssh://<address>:<port> for example. This will use embeded PuTTy to connect to terminal like IBM AS/400 directly and you can robotize the "Green Screens". But in this case everything is running on the server without any real device.

It look like this then:
    Device Automation Kapow_24

BR, Pavel

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:21 pm