KAPOW

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
KAPOW

Welcome to the Kapow forum. Here you can get help, use your skills to help others and enjoy hanging out in the company of other Kapow Robot Developers.

2 posters

Loop for each tag returns same results

curlyfries666

Loop for each tag returns same results Empty Loop for each tag returns same results

Post by curlyfries666 Wed Dec 18, 2019 9:15 pm

Hi,

I am trying to move on from the simple 'handy hardware' tutorial. I can get through that fine but when I try to create a new robot for a website, I can't seem to loop through the results.

When I used 'for each URL' it didn't skip through so I decided to try 'for each tag'.

I am using rightmove as an example and when I use any of the tags, the most I can get it to do is to produce a spreadsheet with 25 of the exact same results.

Can anyone help or advise please?

I have tried using the following tags : h2, div and a from the below.

I just really want to know what i'm doing wrong or not doing Smile

Thanks in advance

Loop for each tag returns same results Rpa10

Loop for each tag returns same results Tags10
    ivan.gordeyev

Loop for each tag returns same results Empty Re: Loop for each tag returns same results

Post by ivan.gordeyev Fri Jan 03, 2020 7:26 pm

You do need to understand how the tags work with Kofax RPA, otherwise you will spend a lot of time without much benefit. I am nearly 100% sure that your 'Tag Path' finder is set at an incorrect level/sequence/combination, however without you showing us your finder I cannot confirm this.

Your finder tab on the right will contain information that you are using, if it is specific enough [such as html.body.div[4].div.div[0] this will force the application to only look for a specific path.
    If you just specify one tag, it might be looking for an incorrect level.

What you are likely to need is to look for a header in each property card content > section > details.

Your tag will probably have a structure of .*. div - Property card content > div - property card section > div property card details  > a > H2

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 5:56 pm