KAPOW

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
KAPOW

Welcome to the Kapow forum. Here you can get help, use your skills to help others and enjoy hanging out in the company of other Kapow Robot Developers.

3 posters

Desktop Automation - get timeout in Design Studio when trying to use Device mapping

jespeddk

Desktop Automation - get timeout in Design Studio when trying to use Device mapping Empty Desktop Automation - get timeout in Design Studio when trying to use Device mapping

Post by jespeddk Fri Aug 09, 2019 1:06 pm

I am trying to connect to a DAS on a virtual server. 

There is a connection between the server and my MC.

When I try to use the Device mapping in Design Studio i get this error:

Desktop Automation - get timeout in Design Studio when trying to use Device mapping Das10

On the server the status of the DAS is now - Running and connected - but in the workflow editor i can't see the servers desktop

The last entries in the log is:

2019-08-09 07:51:58,345 [6] DEBUG DAS - DAS-status: MC_connected
    2019-08-09 07:53:15,532 [6] DEBUG DAS - Connection attempted from ::ffff:10.10.219.12:60676
    2019-08-09 07:53:15,532 [6] DEBUG DAS - DAS-status: in_use
    2019-08-09 07:53:15,532 [6] DEBUG DAS - Connection established.
    2019-08-09 07:53:15,548 [7] ERROR DAS - authentication error.
    2019-08-09 07:53:15,548 [7] ERROR DAS - undefined
    2019-08-09 07:53:15,548 [7] ERROR DAS - undefined
    dealwithit

Desktop Automation - get timeout in Design Studio when trying to use Device mapping Empty Re: Desktop Automation - get timeout in Design Studio when trying to use Device mapping

Post by dealwithit Fri Aug 09, 2019 2:22 pm

Hi,

There can be some possibilities causes this issue.

1- You can restart DA from the icon (at the bottom right corner)
    2- Restart the RoboServer
    3- Upload your robot to the localhost
    4- If all of above are ok, you can try to narrow your Design Studio and then start your Device Automation. After that you should see your desktop.
    batman
    batman

Desktop Automation - get timeout in Design Studio when trying to use Device mapping Empty Re: Desktop Automation - get timeout in Design Studio when trying to use Device mapping

Post by batman Fri Aug 09, 2019 4:39 pm

Hi,

Do you have user management enabled on the management console?
    An authentication error suggests you might be missing the credentials for the MC from the device automation service

You can add MC credentials in the configuration for the DAS by right clicking the agent selecting configure and specifying the user name/password for the MC on the first tab
    jespeddk

Post by jespeddk Mon Aug 12, 2019 2:11 pm

batman wrote:Hi,

Do you have user management enabled on the management console?
    An authentication error suggests you might be missing the credentials for the MC from the device automation service

You can add MC credentials in the configuration for the DAS by right clicking the agent selecting configure and specifying the user name/password for the MC on the first tab
    Hi,

Yes I have user management enabled and the credentials are added to the DAS.

And I have entered password again just to be sure.

It still does not work.
    jespeddk

Post by jespeddk Mon Aug 12, 2019 2:12 pm

dealwithit wrote:Hi,

4- If all of above are ok, you can try to narrow your Design Studio and then start your Device Automation. After that you should see your desktop.

Hi,

What do you mean when you says "narrow your Design Studio"?
    dealwithit

Post by dealwithit Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:56 pm

jespeddk wrote:
    dealwithit wrote:Hi,

Hi,

What do you mean when you says "narrow your Design Studio"?
    it means, some users runs into a problem like "when I'm using desktop automation I see design studio not my desktop." That step is to see your desktop.  Very Happy

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:48 pm