KAPOW

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
KAPOW

Welcome to the Kapow forum. Here you can get help, use your skills to help others and enjoy hanging out in the company of other Kapow Robot Developers.

5 posters

Password in design studio

tea

Password in design studio Empty Password in design studio

Post by tea Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:00 pm

Hello! 

I have stored a password in the Password Store of Management Console, and I am able to access the password with the Lookup Password action if I upload the robot to Management Console and add password access, and also run it from Management Conole. 

However, if I try to run my root from design studio I get the following error message: Password Access token not found, please make sure you have a valid token in the Password Store. How can I get access to the password in design studio? 

According to the Users Guide, I should be able to create a password access entry for design studio robot by clicking "New Password Access Entry". I assume this should be done in the Password Store of the Management Console? But what should the token be? It says in the Users Guide to enter the token provided by the Design Studio on the Lookup Password step, but I cannot see it anywhere? 

It just says in the Lookup Password action: 

Be sure to have have a "Password Access entry" in the Management Console with the Password AccessToken: 
    User Name

Not sure if the token should be User Name, or if something is missing from the line above? (It does not work to create a password access entry and set the token to be the same as the username.)
    mikko_k

Password in design studio Empty Re: Password in design studio

Post by mikko_k Fri Sep 28, 2018 1:01 pm

Hi

you have to create a password access entry to MC with the name like "DesignStudio_mypcname.with.fqdn.parts" and then assign the needed passwords to that. In some 10.3.x -release there is a bug that this info is not visible in the lookup password -step -configuration, but at least on 10.3.6 > it is there.
    tea

Post by tea Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:37 pm

Hi, I am not sure I understood exactly what you meant. Do you mean that it is possible to access password, but that it is more difficult to know what to enter because the info is not visible in the step configuration? Or do you mean that it is not possible to access the password, because of the bug that the info is not visible? 

Would it be straightforward to access password if we upgraded to version 10.3.6? 

We have tried to access the password by adding a new password access entry in Management Console with Password Access Token: DesignStudio_mypcname.with.fqdn.parts, and assigned it to a token xxx@yyy which is then shown in the "Password Entries" column. 

In the design studio in the Lookup Password action we have set Username: xxx and Target System: yyy. 

Is there something that we have misunderstood with how the setup should be?
    chrismemo

Post by chrismemo Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:56 am

Hi,
    There is a setting in Design Studio Settings, go to last tab "Mngnt Console" and tick this opt "Use as Password Store".
    niclee6638

Post by niclee6638 Tue Oct 23, 2018 2:10 pm

tea wrote:Hi, I am not sure I understood exactly what you meant. Do you mean that it is possible to access password, but that it is more difficult to know what to enter because the info is not visible in the step configuration? Or do you mean that it is not possible to access the password, because of the bug that the info is not visible? 

Would it be straightforward to access password if we upgraded to version 10.3.6? 

We have tried to access the password by adding a new password access entry in Management Console with Password Access Token: DesignStudio_mypcname.with.fqdn.parts, and assigned it to a token xxx@yyy which is then shown in the "Password Entries" column. 

In the design studio in the Lookup Password action we have set Username: xxx and Target System: yyy. 

Is there something that we have misunderstood with how the setup should be?
    The Password Access Token should be in the format of "DesignStudio_<your_pc_fullname>" without the double quotes.

Your PC's fullname should include the domain name if applicable.
    pavel.vraj
    pavel.vraj

Post by pavel.vraj Thu Oct 25, 2018 2:13 pm

In Lookup Password step in DS you can see the name of the token you have to have:
    Password in design studio Kapow_22

Some versions of 10.3.0.x had a bug, where this info wasn't visible, but in most of the versions the info is there.

BR, Pavel
    tea

Post by tea Tue Oct 30, 2018 7:48 pm

Thanks for the help everyone. I was not able to make it work, but assume this is a bug in the version of Kapow that I have.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:22 pm