KAPOW

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
KAPOW

Welcome to the Kapow forum. Here you can get help, use your skills to help others and enjoy hanging out in the company of other Kapow Robot Developers.

4 posters

Error running Robots in Management Console

pvdboom

Error running Robots in Management Console Empty Error running Robots in Management Console

Post by pvdboom Thu Jun 06, 2019 2:28 pm

concerns RPA 10.5.0.0 95 x64 on Windows Server 2016 Datacenter.
    This concerns a new installation of this version and we want to take it into production.

Dear Forum Members,

We get the following error when running Robots in Management Console: 
    Error from the Lookup Password action. Connection problem, Password Store returned status code: 401.

the Robot goes to a website, logs in with user ID and password defined in the password store and retrieves information.
    In Design Studio the Robot debugs just fine, with a valid password access token.
    We uploaded the Robot to Management Console, and created a Password Access Token for it in Management Console.
    But when running the Robot in MC te error occurs.

Other Robots have the same issue.
    It seems like an acces denial situation, but we are not sure how to solve.

Has anybody had similar issues?
    Can anybody help out / advise?

Thanks,

Peter
    kerkvoor

Error running Robots in Management Console Empty Re: Error running Robots in Management Console

Post by kerkvoor Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:56 pm

Hello Peter,

Just to verify. Did you make any changes to the robot after creating the password access token?

Regards,
    Edward
    pvdboom

Error running Robots in Management Console Empty Re: Error running Robots in Management Console

Post by pvdboom Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:59 pm

Hello Edward,

thanks for responding. I see what you are saying  Very Happy 
    Every Robot when it is uploaded receives a new password token that we generate after the upload.
    Also after every change to the robot we upload it and we create a new password token for it.
    batman
    batman

Post by batman Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:05 pm

Double check that the password entry has been assigned to the password access token in the store.
    I have seen this message in the past where the password has been generated but not moved from the available list to the assigned one. Note the assigned list is on the left hand side ;-)

Error running Robots in Management Console Passwo10
    pvdboom

Post by pvdboom Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:00 pm

hi Batman,
    this also has been configured correctly, but thanks for your additional note.
    kerkvoor

Post by kerkvoor Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:09 pm

Hi Peter,

Is your RoboServer service setup with the correct username/password? See my below example. 

"C:\Program Files\Kofax RPA 10.4.0.0 183 x64\bin\ServiceInstaller.exe" -s "C:\Program Files\Kofax RPA 10.4.0.0 183 x64\bin\RoboServer.conf" wrapper.ntservice.name=RoboServer10.4.0_MC wrapper.ntservice.starttype=MANUAL wrapper.syslog.loglevel=INFO wrapper.app.parameter.1=-p wrapper.app.parameter.2=50000 wrapper.app.parameter.3=-mcUrl wrapper.app.parameter.4=http://admin:admin@localhost:8080/ManagementConsole wrapper.app.parameter.5=-cl "wrapper.app.parameter.6=Non Production"

In parameter.4, I have set up the url to my locally hosted management console. It includes the username and password to sign in to the MC. I have tested it and changed the password to an incorrect one. Everything appears to be running okay then, except when you run a robot with the Lookup Password action. I then run into the 401 error too.

Error running Robots in Management Console 401err10

Hope this helps.

Edward
    pvdboom

Post by pvdboom Tue Jun 18, 2019 2:19 pm

hi Kerkvoor,
    it sure looks like the error we receive.
    We've had someone of Kofax have a look at it also, and they have raised a bug report.
    Our situation is that we have a non production Roboserver and a Production Roboserver running on the same server. for these 2 services have been installed with different port numbers. We've also had a few robot and MC console users created. But the password lookups don't work. So we have now stopped the services and manually started a Roboserver and this works like a charm.
    Our next step will be to re-install the services using correct usernames/passwords to see if this will resolve the issue.
    Thanks for pointing us in the right direction!
    I hope to post the result of our effort here soon  Smile
    pvdboom

Post by pvdboom Thu Jun 20, 2019 6:47 pm

The Roboserver services have been re-installed.
    This needed to be done without passwords, so that the passwords in the Roboserver settings utility would work OK.
    After re-installation all Robots are working smoothly with correct password lookup. Further testing will be done to finalize this.
    Bobi

Post by Bobi Thu Sep 26, 2019 2:07 pm

I have a similar problem. Lookup password works fine in Design Studio. But when I try to start the robot through MC, an error appears: "Error from the lookup Password action. Error connecting to repository: Error from repository: Password Access token not found, please make sure you have the correct token in the Password Store."
    Error running Robots in Management Console Ice_sc12
    What am I doing wrong?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:21 pm