KAPOW

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
KAPOW

Welcome to the Kapow forum. Here you can get help, use your skills to help others and enjoy hanging out in the company of other Kapow Robot Developers.

2 posters

how to get the OAuth credentials needed to access LinkedIn API

sayoko

how to get the OAuth credentials needed to access LinkedIn API Empty how to get the OAuth credentials needed to access LinkedIn API

Post by sayoko Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:12 pm

Hi,

Does anyone know how to do API works?

https://vimeo.com/87176991
    “REST, APIs, OAuth, and JSON”

I just watched the Tutorial Video above, and I’m trying to get the OAuth credentials needed to access LinkedIn API. 
    I got a Client ID and Client Secret so far, but I cannot get ‘OAuth User Token’ and ‘OAuth User Secret’.
    Please help me. No
    kennyf

how to get the OAuth credentials needed to access LinkedIn API Empty Re: how to get the OAuth credentials needed to access LinkedIn API

Post by kennyf Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:14 pm

Hi, I'm struggling with getting a Kapow robot to work with the LinkedIn API too.
    The video tutorial seems outdated to me as LinkedIn doesn't provide a permanent oAuth User Secret key anymore.

I learned quite a lot from this guide on Medium.com
    How to work with LinkedIn API

Using the Postman tool and the beeceptor.com service as callback, i can manually get an access token from linkedin that will expire in 60 days.

Using this access token, i can use a Kapow robot to do a post to my personal linkedin feed.

However, before this access token, there are steps needed to get an 'authorization' token first...This authorization token is then used to apply for the 'access token' (60 days expiry).

I could not get my robot working for this first step.....Currently i'm just storing the access token in the development db and re-using it to make posts to linkedin.
    sayoko

how to get the OAuth credentials needed to access LinkedIn API Empty Thank you!

Post by sayoko Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:38 pm

Okay...that sounds still difficult, but I'll try!
    Thank you for all the details. cheers

Sponsored content

how to get the OAuth credentials needed to access LinkedIn API Empty Re: how to get the OAuth credentials needed to access LinkedIn API

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:32 am