KAPOW

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
KAPOW

Welcome to the Kapow forum. Here you can get help, use your skills to help others and enjoy hanging out in the company of other Kapow Robot Developers.

4 posters

Error connection to the database: non-url accessible resource

GreatStar

Error connection to the database: non-url accessible resource Empty Error connection to the database: non-url accessible resource

Post by GreatStar Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:53 am

Error connection to the database: non-url accessible resource Oranew10

Hi, All

Have anyone tried using Oracle Database at Management Console?

I uploaded Jar file on Setting tab and tried to connect it, but then above error happens.

The message is "Error connection to the database: non-url accessible resource."

I have tried changing  ojdbc6.jar to ojdbc7.jar. But the situation hasn't changed.

Anyone can give me an advice what I have missed?
    chrismemo

Error connection to the database: non-url accessible resource Empty Try this - Check DB Connection template

Post by chrismemo Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:31 am

GreatStar wrote:Error connection to the database: non-url accessible resource Oranew10

Hi, All

Have anyone tried using Oracle Database at Management Console?

I uploaded Jar file on Setting tab and tried to connect it, but then above error happens.

The message is "Error connection to the database: non-url accessible resource."

I have tried changing  ojdbc6.jar to ojdbc7.jar. But the situation hasn't changed.

Anyone can give me an advice what I have missed?
    Hello GreatStar
    Try to see the configuration of DB Types

1. go to Database Types on Kapow Management Console (Admin > Settings > Database Types > select the Database).
    2. In the Database Type make sure that Connection URL template is correct. For Oracle: try add the port information liked this "jdbc:oracle:thin:@//${ServerName}:1521/${Schema}" or "jdbc:oracle:thin:@${ServerName}:1521:${Schema}"
    3. upload the DB Drivers that will be used for your project
    4. Test it out Smile

Hope this will resolve your issue.  cheers

~~ Chris
    GreatStar

Error connection to the database: non-url accessible resource Empty Re: Error connection to the database: non-url accessible resource

Post by GreatStar Tue Apr 24, 2018 1:44 pm

Dear Chris,

Thank you for your advice. However, it doesn't work Sad
    I have tried both ways you mentioned. 
    The former one makes an error message "Invalid number format for port number", and letter one makes "Invalid connection string format, a valid format is: "host:port:sid""
    chrismemo

Error connection to the database: non-url accessible resource Empty Re: Error connection to the database: non-url accessible resource

Post by chrismemo Tue Apr 24, 2018 2:10 pm

GreatStar wrote:Dear Chris,

Thank you for your advice. However, it doesn't work Sad
    I have tried both ways you mentioned. 
    The former one makes an error message "Invalid number format for port number", and letter one makes "Invalid connection string format, a valid format is: "host:port:sid""

Hello GreatStar,

When try set the Connection URL template to "jdbc:oracle:thin:@//${ServerName}:1521/${Schema}" or "jdbc:oracle:thin:@${ServerName}:1521:${Schema}". Please make sure your connection Host not contain the port. Saw on your 1st screen capture, the image that you blurred out contain xxx:1521. Just put hostname/xxx
    GreatStar

Post by GreatStar Tue Apr 24, 2018 2:35 pm

Hi Chris,

I deleted the port number on Host field and tried it again, but the same error as like first question happened.
    "non-url accessible resource"
    chrismemo

Post by chrismemo Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:45 pm

GreatStar wrote:Hi Chris,

I deleted the port number on Host field and tried it again, but the same error as like first question happened.
    "non-url accessible resource"

Hi GreatStar,

Some hints to further investigation. Let get to the basic for connecting into Database:
    1) Have the required port open (try to telnet)
    2) By using the windows ODBC Connection, Will you able to connect?
    talingpling

Post by talingpling Thu Jul 05, 2018 1:11 pm

Can you solve the issue? I have the same now. will be very appreciated if you can share the solution.
    pavel.vraj
    pavel.vraj

Post by pavel.vraj Thu Jul 19, 2018 4:02 pm

Hi,

this is what I have in TNSNAMES.ORA
    Code:
    XE =
      (DESCRIPTION =
        (ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = <full HOST name>)(PORT = 1521))
        (CONNECT_DATA =
          (SERVER = DEDICATED)
          (SERVICE_NAME = XE)
        )
      )

and this is, what should be called by JDBC driver:
    Code:
    jdbc:oracle:thin:@<full HOST name>:1521:XE

This is, what is set in Settings->Oracle:
    Code:
    jdbc:oracle:thin:@${ServerName}:1521:${Schema}

This is, what is set in new connection in my case:
    Code:
    Host: <full HOST name>
    Schema: XE

With this, it works fine.
    BR, Pavel Vraj

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:15 am