KAPOW

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
KAPOW

Welcome to the Kapow forum. Here you can get help, use your skills to help others and enjoy hanging out in the company of other Kapow Robot Developers.

2 posters

Excel. Range of cells.

Bobi

Excel. Range of cells. Empty Excel. Range of cells.

Post by Bobi Fri Apr 26, 2019 5:28 pm

How to copy a range of cells from one excel file and paste this range into another excel file?
    jking
    jking

Excel. Range of cells. Empty Re: Excel. Range of cells.

Post by jking Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:29 pm

You need to extract data from your source spreadsheet, store the data, then populate your target spreadsheet with the stored data.

My approach for this task:
    1.  I build a type, adding a variable to the type for each data point to extract from the source spreadsheet.  
    2.  Select Tools → Create Database Table to add the Type as a Table in Management Counsel.
    3.  Open Source Spreadsheet, and loop each row, extracting data needed into the Type.  You will need to Insert a Store in Database Step after you have extracted all data required from each row.
    4.  When you have extracted and stored all the data from the source spreadsheet, add a new branch.
    5.  Insert a Query Database Step to Select the data from your Table in Management Console and map query result variables to your Type.
    6.  Populate your target spreadsheet with the queried data.

hth
    Bobi

Post by Bobi Mon Apr 29, 2019 4:24 pm

jking wrote:You need to extract data from your source spreadsheet, store the data, then populate your target spreadsheet with the stored data.

My approach for this task:
    1.  I build a type, adding a variable to the type for each data point to extract from the source spreadsheet.  
    2.  Select Tools → Create Database Table to add the Type as a Table in Management Counsel.
    3.  Open Source Spreadsheet, and loop each row, extracting data needed into the Type.  You will need to Insert a Store in Database Step after you have extracted all data required from each row.
    4.  When you have extracted and stored all the data from the source spreadsheet, add a new branch.
    5.  Insert a Query Database Step to Select the data from your Table in Management Console and map query result variables to your Type.
    6.  Populate your target spreadsheet with the queried data.

hth
    merci!
    jking
    jking

Post by jking Mon Apr 29, 2019 7:09 pm

De rien

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 10:27 am