KAPOW

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
KAPOW

Welcome to the Kapow forum. Here you can get help, use your skills to help others and enjoy hanging out in the company of other Kapow Robot Developers.

2 posters

How to use the Resources (Files) from Management Console to Robot project

raga2903

How to use the Resources (Files) from Management Console to Robot project Empty How to use the Resources (Files) from Management Console to Robot project

Post by raga2903 Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:34 pm

I have a excel file which i placed in the resources section in the Management console, I am trying to consume the file in my Robot project can any one help on what are the steps to decode this. Thanks.

Tried Following Ways,
    - Added binary variable like library/folder name/filename.xls
    - Used create page option.

Whether any internal query to be written to get the resource loaded to the robot project from the console ?
    The answer is much awaited.

Last edited by raga2903 on Sat Mar 16, 2019 3:50 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added the tried steps,,,)
    Andy22289

How to use the Resources (Files) from Management Console to Robot project Empty Re: How to use the Resources (Files) from Management Console to Robot project

Post by Andy22289 Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:49 pm

Hi,

I'm not sure if I understand exactly, but if you are trying to open an excel file that you have saved as a resource under a certain project in Management Console, you could use a 'Load File' step specifying the file name (i.e. ...\My Robots\ProjectName\Library\Resources\FileName) and set this to Output to a variable which you will need to create with a type of Excel.  Then add an 'Open Variable' step and set this to open the Excel variable which will contain your file.

Regards
    Andy
    raga2903

How to use the Resources (Files) from Management Console to Robot project Empty Re: How to use the Resources (Files) from Management Console to Robot project

Post by raga2903 Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:08 pm

I tried the same, but no luck, Can you please see what went wrong below,
    [url=http://localhost:50080/#/Default Project/Test/Library/Resources/filename.xlsx]http://localhost:50080/#/Default%20Project/Test/Library/Resources/filename.xlsx[/url]
    Andy22289

Post by Andy22289 Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:42 pm

I'm unsure what you are trying to show me there so thought I'd map out some steps to see if it is any help.
    Have you added the file as a resource to a Project in Management Console like I have done with a "TestFile.xlsx" on Project "Test" below?
    If so, you should then be able to download this to Design Studio by selecting the project / resource from the Shared Projects window and clicking download as shown below:
    How to use the Resources (Files) from Management Console to Robot project ByPNeP5RxqiTAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC 
    In order to get the file path for your resource you could then right click on the TestFile under My Projects and select 'Show In System Explorer'.
    If you then use this file path in the Load File step to extract the file to an Excel type variable, then use the Open Variable step to open the file as below:
    How to use the Resources (Files) from Management Console to Robot project 3OSjzzO4AAAAASUVORK5CYII=
    Hope that helps Smile
    Andy
    raga2903

Post by raga2903 Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:01 am

Hi Andy,
    thanks for the reply. 
    The above approach works good, but if i deploy the robot file in management console server,
    when someone test my robot using rest api method connecting my mgmt. console
     it says file not available pointing my local file path where it is set in the load file step.
    Is there a way to make it dynamic file path, Rather than having local file path.
    This is the reason why i used a URL path way earlier. Thanks for your help.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 4:54 am