KAPOW

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
KAPOW

Welcome to the Kapow forum. Here you can get help, use your skills to help others and enjoy hanging out in the company of other Kapow Robot Developers.

Device Automation - Virtual desktop

khadar78

Device Automation - Virtual desktop Empty Device Automation - Virtual desktop

Post by khadar78 Wed Nov 21, 2018 4:43 pm

Hi Group,

I am using 10.3.1 kapow version
    I have an issue seen Device Automation - Virtual desktop minimizing issue, Do not know whether its actually a issue or its usual behavior.

When connecting to Virtual desktop via single user/direct connection in Design studio (DS) i am able to see the VD and define automation process, 
    but when i minimize the virtual desktop i see blank/dark screen in DS which feels like DS is assuming that VD is locked but actually it is not. When is maximize again DS is able to see the VD.
    Please let me know if you come across these issues and let me know if you had any fix for this. Or please suggest any solution. 

Thanks,
    Abdul
    khadar78

Device Automation - Virtual desktop Empty Re: Device Automation - Virtual desktop

Post by khadar78 Thu Nov 22, 2018 10:01 pm

The issue is resolved now. Followed below steps. 
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    Change the local computer registry settings
    On your local computer, close all open Remote Desktop sessions.

Launch the Registry editor (regedit.exe).

Navigate to one of the following Registry keys, depending on whether you wish to modify the Remote Desktop settings only for the current user or for all users on the computer:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Terminal Server Client

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Terminal Server Client

Create a DWORD value named RemoteDesktop_SuppressWhenMinimized and set it to 2:

Modify the registry settings on your local (controlling computer) so that minimizing the Remote Desktop window does not affect the GUI of the controlled computer
    Close the Registry Editor.

Now when you minimize the Remote Desktop Connection window on your computer, this will not affect the remote computer’s GUI and the GUI will be available to your automated tests.

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:29 pm