KAPOW

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
KAPOW

Welcome to the Kapow forum. Here you can get help, use your skills to help others and enjoy hanging out in the company of other Kapow Robot Developers.

4 posters

Conditional Looping in Desktop Automation

Tejaswini H R

Conditional Looping in Desktop Automation Empty Conditional Looping in Desktop Automation

Post by Tejaswini H R Fri May 08, 2020 7:18 pm

Hi All,

I have to loop through a desktop application based on certain a condition i need to double click on the row.

I am using conditional loops to check for the condition.
    Can anyone explain how to perform click step only when the condition is met.
    If condition doesnt satisfy loop next.

Thanks

Regards,
    Tejaswini H R
    Conditional Looping in Desktop Automation <a href=Conditional Looping in Desktop Automation Loopda11" />
    tmc51

Conditional Looping in Desktop Automation Empty Re: Conditional Looping in Desktop Automation

Post by tmc51 Tue May 19, 2020 5:24 am

Hi there,

Apologies if I have misunderstood what you are asking.

But I believe what you need to do is add the double click step where you can see the green circle in your picture, just after the '=matches(Mo...' step.

Any steps nested inside the conditional will only run if the first condition is met.

Hope that helps!
    ArjenVerheijen

Conditional Looping in Desktop Automation Empty Re: Conditional Looping in Desktop Automation

Post by ArjenVerheijen Tue Sep 01, 2020 3:04 pm

Hi, 

In my opinion you need to add a break step in the loop when your condition is met. So add a break step just after your conditional and then you add a double click step outside the loop. 

regards, 

Arjen
    AdamCapturis

Post by AdamCapturis Thu Nov 26, 2020 1:27 am

I would recommend moving the conditional step outside of the Extract Value step, as it allows for more workflow customization at that location. Then add a path for each condition you want (in this case I have a branch where it matches and it double clicks, and a branch where it does not match and it does nothing).

Conditional Looping in Desktop Automation 6RMjfJXt1vAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

Let me know if you have any questions.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:53 am