KAPOW

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
KAPOW

Welcome to the Kapow forum. Here you can get help, use your skills to help others and enjoy hanging out in the company of other Kapow Robot Developers.

4 posters

Device Automation - Finder must not find more than one application

davehare1@outlook.com

Device Automation - Finder must not find more than one application Empty Device Automation - Finder must not find more than one application

Post by davehare1@outlook.com Tue Sep 25, 2018 3:14 pm

Good Morning!

Firstly I should introduce myself, my name is David and I work for a Company in the UK. I have recently begun working with Kofax Kapow, having used Kofax Capture and KTM solutions for the last few years.

I have been attempting to automate one of our internal processes using Kapow, via device automation and have come across a problem I am hoping someone can help me with.

The process is to load IE 11, login to a website, download and save an XLS file to a folder and then close IE again.

The issue I am having is that Kapow seems to really struggle to identify the application. I am getting an error 'Finder must not find more than one application' when I attempt to click on a button within IE. This does not always happen, but it seems to occur more after I have saved the file and want to click back on to IE.

I have a hunch that the problem is because IE 11 runs as 2 or more iexplore.exe processes, meaning Kapow does not know which one to focus on. IE 11 runs one process for IE and additional processes for each tab you have open. Chrome and Firefox behave in similar fashion,

so my question is, how do I get Kapow to focus on the correct instance of IE?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Hopefully I am able to assist others moving forward as my experience with Kapow grows!

Thanks all!
    leedle

Device Automation - Finder must not find more than one application Empty Re: Device Automation - Finder must not find more than one application

Post by leedle Sat Oct 06, 2018 2:56 am

Look at the highest level tag in the Automation View. There should be some unique identifiers there for each application, that you can use to specify in your finders. Example:

<iexplore id="blah_blah_tab_1">

Then write your finder like this:

IEXPLORE[id="blah_blah_blah_tab_1"]

Right now, you probably just have IEXPLORE, and so Kapow cannot distinguish between the two.
    pavel.vraj
    pavel.vraj

Device Automation - Finder must not find more than one application Empty Re: Device Automation - Finder must not find more than one application

Post by pavel.vraj Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:20 pm

Hi David,

why don't you use the internal browser, why you use the DA? It doesn't make sense. The point of Kapow is it has build-in browser and Excel support, so it doesn't need device to work with browser and excel files. Explain it please.

Best regards, Pavel Vraj
    muhammad solihin

Post by muhammad solihin Tue Oct 16, 2018 2:00 pm

Hi Pavel Viraj,

I also have the same problem using the Design Studio when our internal processes can be open in IE only, not Chrome. Do you know how to load in the IE?

Thank you.

Regards,
    Solihin

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:52 pm