KAPOW

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
KAPOW

Welcome to the Kapow forum. Here you can get help, use your skills to help others and enjoy hanging out in the company of other Kapow Robot Developers.

2 posters

How to add new database type?

pisaraviriyakul

How to add new database type? Empty How to add new database type?

Post by pisaraviriyakul Wed May 23, 2018 5:40 pm

I want to add new database mapping such as Amazon Redshift, Mongo DB. I can find .jar file but I don't know how to config connection string in MC.

Thank you
    pavel.vraj
    pavel.vraj

How to add new database type? Empty Re: How to add new database type?

Post by pavel.vraj Thu May 31, 2018 4:15 pm

Hi,
    it was possible only in version 10.2 and lower. In 10.3. it's not possible to add unsupported DB.
    BR, Pavel
    pisaraviriyakul

Post by pisaraviriyakul Thu May 31, 2018 4:34 pm

Currently I used 10.2. Please suggest how to do it.
    pavel.vraj
    pavel.vraj

Post by pavel.vraj Thu May 31, 2018 4:52 pm

Hi,

setting a new DB type in 10.2 is quite simple, but nobody will tell you, if Kapow will support the work with the DB. Me personally I added Informix DB, everything was correctly set, but Informix JDBC driver has stupid thing, where in default the Transactions are switched off and therefor Kapow didn't work with the DB.

But if the JAR driver is correct, you should be able to setup it and it should work. As first, you have to upload the JDBC driver into MC. Go to Admin->Settings->Database Drivers and click on "Upload driver jar" button. When uploaded, save settings, so the driver could be used then. After that go to Admin->Settings->Database Types, there you have a button "Add Database Type".  It will create new type, where you have to type these information:
    - Your name - whatever could be here to identify the DB.
    - JDBC driver - here must be the correct Class (dot syntax) of the driver like com.mysql.jdbc.Driver for MySQL. You have to find out this from the driver provider.
    - Connection URL - here you have to type the JDBC connection string, where you can use these parameters (${ServerName} and ${Schema}, Schema means Database). Just check other connections, how they're build and make the correct connection for this specific driver. This is something you have to find out, how the drivers should be used.
    - Validation query - this is a SQL query, which checks the DB is up and running. The result of this query shows you the healt of your DB connection in DS for example. For example for MySQL it's [/* ping */], or for Oracle it's [SELECT 1 FROM DUAL] etc. It's related to the DB. You have to find out this for your own.

For the JDBC Class and for Connection string you can find useful information here: https://vladmihalcea.com/jdbc-driver-connection-url-strings/

Save everything. Then go to Admin->RoboServers and open RoboServer Cluster settings. In Databases click on "Add Database" button and there you can select your new DB connection.

BR,
    Pavel
    pisaraviriyakul

Post by pisaraviriyakul Thu May 31, 2018 4:55 pm

Thank you very much Pavel

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 7:36 pm