KAPOW

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
KAPOW

Welcome to the Kapow forum. Here you can get help, use your skills to help others and enjoy hanging out in the company of other Kapow Robot Developers.

3 posters

HTML View not recognizing Select Options in HTML

tbass1

HTML View not recognizing Select Options in HTML Empty HTML View not recognizing Select Options in HTML

Post by tbass1 Sat Feb 24, 2018 4:10 am

I am trying to use ‘Select Option’ action step in Kapow. For some reason the select options for the dropdown are not being displayed in the HTML View. When I try to select the option I want I get an error message saying “Error from the Select Option action. No option with value or test “null” was found in the <select>-tag" .

HTML View not recognizing Select Options in HTML WFMPjcLcLfibgAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==

HTML View not recognizing Select Options in HTML H8DUIRkjgIa1gAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==

It seems like Kapow is not recognizing the select options in the HTML View. When I looked at the Developer Tools for that page the options are displayed but in Kapow they are not. Anyone ever had this issue? Any suggestions to resolve this?

F12 Developer Tools:
    HTML View not recognizing Select Options in HTML H7mHFB8vBBXwAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC
    Shyam Kumar
    Shyam Kumar
    Ranks

HTML View not recognizing Select Options in HTML Empty Re: HTML View not recognizing Select Options in HTML

Post by Shyam Kumar Mon Feb 26, 2018 12:29 pm

Hi,

Actually it’s not a kapow design studio recognizing issue. Kapow design studio recognizing select option in HTML view. But here you are selecting the first option in city. That is the reason for getting an error message like “Error from the Select Option action. No option with value or test “null” was found in the <select>-tag”.

In the image, you selected OH State (id=Select2) and Summit County (id=Select3) and the City (id=Select4).

Here the city options values are,

<option value =”0”> Select A City </option>
    <option value =”AKRAON”> AKRAON </option>
    <option value =”AKRAON BEACON JAURNAL”> AKRAON BEACON JAURNAL </option>
    etc.
    Here you are selected the first option (<option value =”0”> Select A City </option>) Normally the value of first option is null (0), So it will return the null value. That is the reason to show the error message like “Error from the Select Option action. No option with value or test “null” was found in the <select>-tag”.

Image 1:
    HTML View not recognizing Select Options in HTML Option11

Image 2:

HTML View not recognizing Select Options in HTML Option10

Please select any other options and try. Definitly it will work.

Thank you.

Regards,

Shyam
    tbass1

HTML View not recognizing Select Options in HTML Empty Reply - HTML View not recognizing Select Options in HTML

Post by tbass1 Sat Mar 03, 2018 3:41 am

Hey Shyham, thanks for the reply but my issue is that those options do not appear at all in the HTML View in Kapow. It's like they don't exist. The options you saw from the original post were from a screenshot of the Developer Tools view. When I am stepping through in Kapow , there are no options to select for the City field. Any thoughts to why?

HTML View not recognizing Select Options in HTML Ton3bow7AuUR1aTZ5NAbLW++ANA88t5sEzDuCJQBAACAAAJlAAAAIIBAGQAAAJjFuf8NTwCbN6K0bSQAAAAASUVORK5CYII=
    jking
    jking

HTML View not recognizing Select Options in HTML Empty Re: HTML View not recognizing Select Options in HTML

Post by jking Sat Mar 03, 2018 10:33 pm

I have experienced this when building robots that select various options similar to the workflow you have outlined.  On some websites selecting an Option does not trigger the next set of Options to populate.  One technique to trigger the next Option set to populate that has worked for me is after I select an Option I insert a Click Step on the Option I just selected.  Another technique that has worked is to insert a Press Key (Enter) step on the Option I just selected.  Either of those processes could trigger an event in the website that then populates the next set of Options.  When you select an option in your desktop browser that happens automatically, but sometimes in the robot you need to to add a step like the Click Step or the Press Key Step as I mentioned to get the page to refresh.
    tbass1

Post by tbass1 Thu Mar 22, 2018 4:33 am

Thanks for your help. I will give this a try.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:59 am