KAPOW

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
KAPOW

Welcome to the Kapow forum. Here you can get help, use your skills to help others and enjoy hanging out in the company of other Kapow Robot Developers.

2 posters

Extracting PDF files from a folder into a database

ChilliPepper

Extracting PDF files from a folder into a database Empty Extracting PDF files from a folder into a database

Post by ChilliPepper Wed Sep 25, 2019 5:15 pm

Hi,

I am currently having an issue where I am extracting large amounts of PDFs from a specified folder into a database and when I run it in debug mode it appears that all the files are being put into the database and no errors appear on any step in the robot however when I then query the database with a different robot it appears that the PDF has not actually been stored, has been deleted or has moved, as it is unable to locate it. When I query the database itself, outside of Kapow, it does not show the file that should be there. 
    I have only experienced this when running large volumes (anywhere from 800-1000 files in one run). 
    There are no duplicate files that would have over written the original data stored.
    When I run it in debug for one of the files missed in the large run it will be stored correctly and will appear in all queries which leads me to think that this is an issue related to the volume that I am running. 

Has anyone else had this issue or know any reason why it is happening?

Thanks in advance.
    KenZink

Extracting PDF files from a folder into a database Empty Re: Extracting PDF files from a folder into a database

Post by KenZink Tue Oct 29, 2019 9:50 pm

What Database step are you using? Store in Database or execute SQL?
    ChilliPepper

Extracting PDF files from a folder into a database Empty Re: Extracting PDF files from a folder into a database

Post by ChilliPepper Tue Oct 29, 2019 11:33 pm

Store in database

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:22 pm