KAPOW

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
KAPOW

Welcome to the Kapow forum. Here you can get help, use your skills to help others and enjoy hanging out in the company of other Kapow Robot Developers.

2 posters

Loading multiple files from folder

pottbre1

Loading multiple files from folder Empty Loading multiple files from folder

Post by pottbre1 Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:59 pm

I'm using the For Each File step to point to a directory and loop through the images in the folder to process in my robot. I've added the Load File action step to extract the full path to a variable which is then passed along into my the next steps of my robot. When testing a folder containing 10 images, when I run it in Debug mode all 10 images are loaded and processed in further steps of my robot. But when I run it in Design mode, only the first file ever gets loaded, the for each loop doesn't seem to want to move to the next file. Not sure why it works in debug but not in Design mode. What is the issue?

Thanks in advance
    batman
    batman

Loading multiple files from folder Empty Re: Loading multiple files from folder

Post by batman Thu Jun 13, 2019 3:44 pm

When you're in design mode you need to manually set the loop iteration on the loop step. If it's only working on a single file your loop step is probably set to 1.
    Run your process to the end of the workflow and then press the next arrow on the loop step to move to the next iteration and step through the process.

If you set the iteration to the last value (10 in your case) the robot should execute every iteration in the loop up to this point (just as you see in debug mode)

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:18 pm