KAPOW

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
KAPOW

Welcome to the Kapow forum. Here you can get help, use your skills to help others and enjoy hanging out in the company of other Kapow Robot Developers.

2 posters

Cannot load frames in webpage

dealwithit

Cannot load frames in webpage Empty Cannot load frames in webpage

Post by dealwithit Mon Aug 05, 2019 3:56 pm

Hi,

I'm trying to use a webpage in Migrated Robot(I need to use this to log in). After log in, the page that I need to use has too much frames. When I checked out the "Frames" tab at the bottom right corner I see: "Not supported for robots using the Classic Browser" message.

The frames looks in the browser as: "Frames: Unnamed". 

I'm using emulated IE 9.0 on Windows 7.

How can I cope with this issue? 

Thanks for advance.

Last edited by dealwithit on Mon Aug 05, 2019 6:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
    batman
    batman

Cannot load frames in webpage Empty Re: Cannot load frames in webpage

Post by batman Mon Aug 05, 2019 4:44 pm

Hi,

You could try migrating your robot to the webkit engine instead of using the classic browser. As you mentioned, the classic browser does not provide support for frames where as webkit does

Migrate a Robot to a Different Browser Engine

Kapow uses a browser to interact with web sites or web applications. Kapow currently comes with two different browsers, each optimized for different purposes: the Classic engine for legacy web applications and the Default (WebKit) engine for modern web applications. However, these browsers might not be compatible with every internal application or Internet web site. If you encounter problems using any of the browsers, you can migrate your robot to other browser type in the Design Studio using the following procedure.

Migrating a Robot to the Default Browser

1. Right-click a robot in the tree view and select Migrate.  
    2. Select files that you want to migrate, such as robots and snippets and click Next.  
    3. Specify whether to backup your files, select the backup method and click Finish on the Backup step.  

After Kapow migrates your robot, you can see that the color of the robot icon has changed.

Note When migrating a robot from the Classic to the Default browser engine, the robot is checked for the "Wait real time for timer events" or "Max wait for time out" settings in the robot configuration. If the settings are found, Design Studio shows a warning that these configuration settings will be lost during the migration. This is applicable only to the robot configuration. If any step has the "Wait real time for timer events" or "Max wait for time out" settings, they will be converted into a legacy waiting criterion.
    dealwithit

Post by dealwithit Mon Aug 05, 2019 10:13 pm

Hi Bat,

Thank you for your advice but my robot is already migrated and it's color is orange. 

Can I shuttle between Classic browser and Webkit in my robot tree? 

For example, first 3 step should use Classic Browser and rest should use Webkit.
    batman
    batman

Post by batman Mon Aug 05, 2019 11:25 pm

And I guess there's a reason you are using the classic browser not Webkit?

I've never really worked with the classic browser but I don't think there's a way of switching between the two mid way through your process. It's either a classic robot (orange) or default (blue)

One possibility is that you can call a robot from a robot via the web service, so in theory you should be able to call a webkit robot from your classic one but it depends on why you need the classic one in the first place. If the classic engine is required to do the initial page load and navigation then you might be a bit stuck getting to the same state in your webkit robot (you can save and load web sessions but not sure how this would translate across robot types - worth checking though)

If all else fails there always the fall back of using desktop automation - Either the headless Chromium browser (no desktops required) or a client browser running on a desktop (IE, Chrome etc.)
    dealwithit

Post by dealwithit Thu Aug 08, 2019 4:15 pm

Thanks Batman,

I'll try to do your suggestions.

To get rid of from these issues, I need to use Desktop Automation but my PC is cannot work properly due to it's specifications. I have some ram and cpu issues. 

That is why I'm trying to use desing studio instead of DA.
    dealwithit

Post by dealwithit Mon Aug 19, 2019 3:49 pm

Hi again,

I've encountered an error which is about "loading fames" in a website. The situation is attached below.
    If someone can help me I will be pleased.

Thanks in advance.

Cannot load frames in webpage Screen10

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:50 pm