KAPOW

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
KAPOW

Welcome to the Kapow forum. Here you can get help, use your skills to help others and enjoy hanging out in the company of other Kapow Robot Developers.

2 posters

Action Data Dase of SQL

tomokuri2216

Action Data Dase of SQL Empty Action Data Dase of SQL

Post by tomokuri2216 Tue Jun 18, 2019 6:59 pm

I want to date to arrange in ascending order.
    how to match two excel, I should use SQL?
    but I don't know how to use.
    someone teach me.
    ivan.gordeyev

Action Data Dase of SQL Empty It depends

Post by ivan.gordeyev Fri Jul 26, 2019 7:20 am

Hello,
    You have described number of tasks.

1. "I want to date to arrange in ascending order."
    Excel/SQL? - It would be easier in SQL as long as the dates are formatted as dates or in a format that allows for sorting.
    SQL server and 'DerbyDB' developer database do have a different syntax.

SQL
    SELECT * FROM DateTime ORDER BY DateTime DESC

2. "how to match two excel, I should use SQL?"
    There are few techniques, to help you, I need to know the 'result' that you need.
    Please tell me do you plan to delete not matching values or highlight not matching values or something else?

If the documents do have similar structure you can do it in internal excel browser or in SQL, or using VB in excel.
    For internal excel, you would read row 1 in excel1 and read row 1 in excel 2 and then decide of these are the same or different.

In SQL, you can load 1 document in table1, another document in table2, then - check row1 in table1 matches row 1 in table2.
    OR
    In SQL, you can load  1 document in table1, another document in table2, then - check row1 in table 1 exists in table2 [count query].

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:39 pm