KAPOW

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
KAPOW

Welcome to the Kapow forum. Here you can get help, use your skills to help others and enjoy hanging out in the company of other Kapow Robot Developers.

3 posters

Advanced extract from left

P10TR

Advanced extract from left Empty Advanced extract from left

Post by P10TR Fri Mar 08, 2019 5:54 pm

Hello,

Does anybody know the command in advanced extraction so the Robot starts searching the text/input from the left instead from the right?

I guess there is a command like this but I can't find any information this reagarding in the user guide/Google.

Thanks in advance for any input. Very Happy

Piotr
    sathish804

Advanced extract from left Empty Re: Advanced extract from left

Post by sathish804 Fri Mar 08, 2019 8:04 pm

P10TR wrote:Hello,

Does anybody know the command in advanced extraction so the Robot starts searching the text/input from the left instead from the right?

I guess there is a command like this but I can't find any information this reagarding in the user guide/Google.

Thanks in advance for any input. Very Happy

Piotr

Could you please share a specific example what you are trying to achieve?
    P10TR

Post by P10TR Fri Mar 08, 2019 8:26 pm

Normally if you have an Expression and you would like to extract anything from a text/Input, Kapow starts to check the text/Input from the right side. eg if you have "This is - a test - to Show - what i mean" and you have the extraction pattern .* -(.*)- .* the result will be "to Show" and not "a test". 
    There is a command you could enter before so the search will start at the left side of the text/Input so the result will be "a test".
    pravy

Post by pravy Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:00 pm

P10TR wrote:Normally if you have an Expression and you would like to extract anything from a text/Input, Kapow starts to check the text/Input from the right side. eg if you have "This is - a test - to Show - what i mean" and you have the extraction pattern .* -(.*)- .* the result will be "to Show" and not "a test". 
    There is a command you could enter before so the search will start at the left side of the text/Input so the result will be "a test".
     Hello,

You can use following pattern for your specified output.

.*?-(.*)- .*-.*

OR

.*?-(.*?)-.*

Thanks

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 8:40 pm