KAPOW

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
KAPOW

Welcome to the Kapow forum. Here you can get help, use your skills to help others and enjoy hanging out in the company of other Kapow Robot Developers.

2 posters

How to create PDF image of webpage

cmorris

How to create PDF image of webpage Empty How to create PDF image of webpage

Post by cmorris Wed May 17, 2017 8:29 pm

Hi,

I'm trying to find the simplest way to save a snapshot of a webpage as PDF.  I'm using version 9.7.0.  Many thanks in advance!
    jking
    jking

How to create PDF image of webpage Empty Re: How to create PDF image of webpage

Post by jking Thu May 18, 2017 4:12 am

Add a variable of Type:Image
    In your robot, insert an Extract Screenshot step into your Image Variable
    Finder should be set to .html, or what ever tag  you want to extract
    Set your Image Format (PNG, JPG, BPM or GIF).
    cmorris

Post by cmorris Thu May 18, 2017 4:22 pm

Thanks jking, however, when I save the image as .PDF I am then unable to open.  Any suggestions?
    jking
    jking

Post by jking Thu May 18, 2017 9:47 pm

Kapow software cannot create a pdf.  You will need other software to create the .pdf

However, if you are on version 10 you can extract what you need into a variable and then add a Device Automation step to launch a virtual machine that has software to create a pdf.  You will need to add your variable as an input to the Device Automation step.   Inside the Device Automation step you would launch the software that creates a pdf and perform the steps necessary to create the pdf and print/email/save the pdf as necessary.

The input variable can be the snapshot described earlier, or you could, say, extract the html to a variable, and use Device Automation to open that in Notepad++ or another editor and create your pdf from Notepad++.
    cmorris

Post by cmorris Thu May 18, 2017 10:07 pm

Thanks jking, that's really helpful!  Much appreciated.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 14, 2024 2:23 am