KAPOW

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
KAPOW

Welcome to the Kapow forum. Here you can get help, use your skills to help others and enjoy hanging out in the company of other Kapow Robot Developers.

2 posters

Robot run slow when writing in excel in MC and Design Studio

Kuan

Robot run slow when writing in excel in MC and Design Studio Empty Robot run slow when writing in excel in MC and Design Studio

Post by Kuan Fri Feb 22, 2019 8:00 am

Hi,

Is there a way to copy from one excel to another excel without storing the first excel data into database and then query and paste to another excel?
    My robot is running very slow when writing in excel from Database Query.

Below is the further details: 

I notice the robot is slow when come to the steps in Picture 1 red box
    The step in red box mainly just query data which I have extract from original source and write into the template. 
    The 2nd to 4th branch within the red box have a few step of inserting formula. Could this be the reason that my robot running slow?

Picture 1
    Robot run slow when writing in excel in MC and Design Studio 211

Picture 2 is the file sizes of Original source and Template.
    Each Original Source has 30 column and the total number of row of these 3 Original source is around 2900 row

Picture 2
    Robot run slow when writing in excel in MC and Design Studio 111

Please assists.

Thank you

Kind Regards,
    Kuan
    sathish804

Robot run slow when writing in excel in MC and Design Studio Empty Re: Robot run slow when writing in excel in MC and Design Studio

Post by sathish804 Mon Mar 04, 2019 4:23 pm

We also observed the same issue with excel objects, we did implemented a HTML based solution using jsxlsx. The advantage with this is everything is in HTML page and its much faster. You can read and write excel workbooks with jsxlsx. But for this you need some knowledge of HTML, Javascript etc.

https://github.com/SheetJS/js-xlsx

But for quicker solution, I advise you to create a vbs code which copies the excel data and invoke the vbs via the execute command line option.

Hope this helps!!

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 2:15 pm