KAPOW

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
KAPOW

Welcome to the Kapow forum. Here you can get help, use your skills to help others and enjoy hanging out in the company of other Kapow Robot Developers.

2 posters

How to use OCR?

Hugo Carvalho

How to use OCR? Empty How to use OCR?

Post by Hugo Carvalho Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:59 pm

Hi,

I need to extract a text from a PDF. I viewed in a topic that exists the step "Extract Text From Image" in DA that enables perform OCR, but I do not know how to open the PDF in DA.

Please, help me with an image or anything.

Thanks...
    pavel.vraj
    pavel.vraj

How to use OCR? Empty Re: How to use OCR?

Post by pavel.vraj Tue Nov 27, 2018 3:40 pm

Hi,
    you have more options:
    1) In case, you're using version 10.3.2 it has complete Kofax Transformation included so you can define any document extraction there and then you create a DA step where you extract the data from any document like PDF, Word, Excel, TIF, JPG etc.
    2) In case, you're using version 10.3.1 and lower, you can open and extract all texts from PDF directly without DA. You load the PDF file into standard flow and extract the texts from the PDF to a variable. Then you can do what you want with the text.
    3) In DA just start Acrobat Reader, open the file and using Adobe tools extract the text.

Best regards,
    Pavel Vraj

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:47 pm