KAPOW

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
KAPOW

Welcome to the Kapow forum. Here you can get help, use your skills to help others and enjoy hanging out in the company of other Kapow Robot Developers.

2 posters

Users&Groups

Bobi

Users&Groups Empty Users&Groups

Post by Bobi Sun Aug 04, 2019 12:08 am

I follow the steps in the guide https://knowledge.kofax.com/Robotic_Process_Automation/General_Documentation/Kapow_Quick_Start_Guide_Basic_Installation_and_Configuration
    In paragraph 4.2. On the “Management Console” tab, select “Enable user Management”.
    After this action i cannot start Management console:

Unable to write to the configured log directory: C:\Program Files\Kofax RPA 10.5.0.0 95 x64\bin (Access is denied. (0x5))
    The Wrapper may also have problems writing or rolling the log file.
    Please make sure that the current user has read/write access.
    --> Wrapper Started as Console
    Launching a JVM...
    WrapperManager: Initializing...
    When user management is enabled -mcUrl must be specified.
    20:04:25,568 ERROR kapow.robot.rqlserver.RoboServer - RoboServer failed to start. null

Press any key to exit.

Edition of my license: Enterprise

How to fix it?
    batman
    batman

Users&Groups Empty Re: Users&Groups

Post by batman Mon Aug 05, 2019 4:01 pm

Hi,

One you enable user management you will need to specify the credentials when you fire up the roboserver.

Note: If “User Management” is enabled, please check the documentation for the correct way to set the RoboServer to register to this MC (Admin Guide -> Runtime -> Start RoboServer).

You can do this either by running the Roboserver settings application and setting the mcURL, username/password on the general tab or by modifying the command line arguments used when you start the Management Console/Roboserver.
    Bobi

Post by Bobi Thu Aug 15, 2019 1:34 am

Thanks, it works!
    Bobi

Post by Bobi Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:05 am

After I included Users in RoboServer Settings, robots with Desktop Automation when opened in Design Studio are constantly running. I registered administrator accesses in Desktop Automation Services but it did not help.
    batman
    batman

Post by batman Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:44 pm

When you say the desktop robots are constantly running what do you mean by this? Are they not able to connect to the desktop service? Do you get an error message in design studio?

It sounds like you have set the credentials on the Device Agent configuration if not.. (Right click the service -> Click Configure and on the first tab you can specify Management Console username/password settings)
    Restart the DAS - Right Click Restart DA Service
    Check the device has registered with the management console
    In Design Studio refresh your robot using F5 or the icon at the top of the screen.. wait and check for any error messages

Also check the DAS logs, these can be found by opening the configuration screen -> System tab -> Open current log. You might find some clues in here

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:56 am