KAPOW

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
KAPOW

Welcome to the Kapow forum. Here you can get help, use your skills to help others and enjoy hanging out in the company of other Kapow Robot Developers.

5 posters

Files Management

ChrisTallee

Files Management Empty Files Management

Post by ChrisTallee Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:04 am

Hi,
    Can anybody out there help me?
    I want to find a file (.pdf etc.) within a file path, pick it up and insert it as a variable into a database.
    From the database I will then choose to place the file into another file location or even email the document somewhere.

Thank you affraid
    Shyam Kumar
    Shyam Kumar
    Ranks

Files Management Empty Re. Files Management

Post by Shyam Kumar Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:42 pm

Hi
    ChrisTalle,

we can do various files operations using kapow.

you can use "For Each File" for selecting each files with file name pattern(based on your needs you can write pattern) and store the file name in a variable.

Files Management Kapowf10

then just move needed files to another location using "Copy File" action step. Here you need to give the source path and designation path. (you can use expressions based on your needs)

Files Management Kapowf12
    Then use "Load File" Action step, and load the file from the designation part and store the output in a variable.
    Files Management Kapowf13
    Files Management Kapowf14

Now the file is stored in a variable, you can store it in database and do any operations. If you need to sent through mail you can use "Send Email" step.

Thank you

Regards,

Shyam kumar
    shyamkumar08@gmail.com
    ChrisTallee

Files Management Empty Re: Files Management

Post by ChrisTallee Fri Apr 05, 2019 12:12 am

Superb,

Struggling if the file is on a different server to the management console.
    chrismemo

Post by chrismemo Mon Apr 29, 2019 9:40 am

Hi,

One of  workaround is adding the other server directory as mapped drive.

In Production environment that you can call command "net use" (in windows env) to get the access in different servers. And call the path as UNC path liked "\\[server name or IP of server\[any folder]]".
    And use any Kapow File Operation that mention on previous email like "For Each File".

Thanks,
    Chris
    batman
    batman

Post by batman Mon Jul 22, 2019 5:49 pm

FYI - Kofax RPA 10.6 is now released and includes a new feature for robot file sharing.

This removes the need to use network files shares between your server side and desktop robot workflows. More details in the release notes and Admin guide.
    ptmays

Files Management Empty Issue Orienting "Loop for Each File" step to a valid directory path

Post by ptmays Tue Aug 27, 2019 5:43 am

Hello all.

I'm having an issue getting Kapow to recognize a directory on the server used to house our management console. We use an identical directory to write Excel files; however, I cannot get it to recognize the file path as valid.  I need to extract information from a PDF file.  Currently, the "loop through tag" step is working effectively if I manually load the file in question, but I can't seem to get the "Loop for Each File" step to function as intended.

Are there any special techniques, tricks, or tips to get Kapow to recognize a valid file path?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:07 am