KAPOW

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
KAPOW

Welcome to the Kapow forum. Here you can get help, use your skills to help others and enjoy hanging out in the company of other Kapow Robot Developers.

3 posters

Simulating mouse drag & drop in Device Automation

kennyf

Simulating mouse drag & drop in Device Automation Empty Simulating mouse drag & drop in Device Automation

Post by kennyf Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:39 am

Here's a fun challenge for Device Automation:

1. start a Device Automation workflow.
    2. open Internet Explorer 11, goto a particular URL
    3. web page displays a slider control whereby you need to click a square and drag from left to right in a horizontal bar, then release. (kinda like how you unlock the iphone)

Is it possible to have a robot do this in DA?
    barney.mulholland

Simulating mouse drag & drop in Device Automation Empty Re: Simulating mouse drag & drop in Device Automation

Post by barney.mulholland Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:48 pm

Hi,
      use Click key - PRESS  to select,  then move, and then Click Key - RELEASE to do the drop
    kennyf

Simulating mouse drag & drop in Device Automation Empty Re: Simulating mouse drag & drop in Device Automation

Post by kennyf Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:59 pm

Hi Barney,
    Thanks! I tested that out and it worked with a jquery slider i found on http://demos.jquerymobile.com/1.4.3/slider/

Now to test it out on the CAPTCHA slider that an e-commerce web portal is using. The trick is the CAPTCHA doesn't pop-up all the time...only when it somehow detects and suspects a bot is accessing a particular product detail page.

Testing this is a try-until-i-drop patience exercise.
    sureshkambala

Post by sureshkambala Wed Mar 20, 2019 3:38 pm

Hi, May I know more details on Draga and Drop actions, I have a similar scenario I need to drag some elements to drop into another place.
    I just fond that you manage to do it without using Device Automation I have opened the link you mentioned but I count to get it how to deal with it.
    can you please give more info on that action...
    kennyf

Post by kennyf Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:00 am

Hi,
    Sorry but as far as i know this operation can only be done in Device Automation.

I did the drag-and-release operation on Device Automation.
    I have the robot start Internet Explorer 11 and load the slider test URL.

Then using DA steps, I followed the suggestion by Barney and the robot can left-click the mouse pointer on the slider button. Then next step is the Move action with an X offset. Then finally the Release step.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:55 pm