KAPOW

Welcome to the Kapow forum. Here you can get help, use your skills to help others and enjoy hanging out in the company of other Kapow Robot Developers.

Device Automation Wait until popup appear

pisaraviriyakul

Device Automation Wait until popup appear

Post by pisaraviriyakul on Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:13 am

Does it have any step to wait until popup screen appear then continue?

Thank in advance.
pavel.vraj

Re: Device Automation Wait until popup appear

Post by pavel.vraj on Wed Jun 20, 2018 2:43 pm

Hi, this is a standard way, how DA works. You have to prepare a Guard and the component should be set for the popup. Something doesn't work for you this way? Pavel

pisaraviriyakul

Post by pisaraviriyakul on Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:57 pm

Dear Pavel Vraj,

It's the way that I work, but when you set guard for location found it has timeout (default is 60 seconds). This popup screen it will pop depends on amount of data. My point is can it config without timeout?
PS. Sometime popup appear, but it's disable.
pavel.vraj

Post by pavel.vraj on Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:48 pm

Hi,
I usually delete all TimeOut parts from all DA steps. In case you really need to check for specific time and then do something, then use it, but normally they are not needed. DA has default Timeout value, and in case the step doesn't fit into this timeout, the robot will stop the same way as with the TimeOut and Throw error part. If you need to check whether the popup is enabled, your Component inside the Guard could be set to look for enabled objects instead of just the objects. Do you know, how to do it?

BTW. once I had to use the waiting step, where the customer's own application freezed for like 30 seconds when loading data into a popup window and the DAS service freezed with the app and after like 5 seconds the DAE stopped with an error the DAS is not available, even though it was working and the Waiting guard in the step was set for 2 minutes. In this specific situation I had to put a separate Wait Guard for like 30 seconds, where the DAE is not checking the DAS for response and then the Guard who was looking for the popup enabled component.

BR, Pavel

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:50 pm